Free delivery over £ 100 | Free UK exchanges
Slim fit jeans with a straight leg made in organic comfort stretch selvedge denim.
This right here is special, the comfort stretch version of Nudie's first ever selvage denim from legendary Japanese denim mill Kaihara.
The rigid version left us in awe back in 2001, and thanks to its excellent aging property, it still does to this day. This version is developed to possess the same aging property but with stretch, making it comfortable and appropriate for slim fits.
The Dry Original Selvage has a deep indigo warp, unbleached, vintage-inspired ecru weft, tight construction, dry hand, and starchy crispiness. It is pure beauty in its dry state, but the most significant part of the denim is its aging property - how it evolves with wearing. To understand it, let us get a bit technical. The warp is first dyed in a dark sulfur dye and subsequently in indigo. This dyeing technique gives it a deep and muted indigo blue hue that looks utterly beautiful, accompanied by orange thread. It is also what gives the denim its intriguing nuances as it ages. It is what we call a greencast denim, denim that has a slight greenish-blue hue that becomes more evident with wearing. With years of wear and some washes - as the dark denim turns lighter in tone - the greencast starts to lean towards a redcast - clear blue - hue. Intriguing and mind-boggling!
We are very proud to offer Grim Tim Dry Original Selvage - our hats off for Kaihara's denim and indigo artisans, forever.
We recommend 6 months of everyday wear before the first wash, if not longer. This way, you will end up with a beautiful pair of worn-in jeans. It sure is a long time; however, it's only a recommendation. As long as you give them love, the result will be great.
Slim leg opening
13.5 oz. Japanese comfort stretch selvage denim
Orange thread on all seams
Antique silver trims
98% Cotton / 2% Elastane
Made in Italy
Christmas last posting dates - see here
UK Standard Delivery: Free over £100 / £3.99 under £100
2-3 working days / Royal Mail Tracked 48
UK Premium Delivery: £4.99
1-2 working days / Royal Mail Tracked 24
UK Next Day Delivery: £6.99
Next working day (order before 3pm Mon-Fri exc. bank holidays) / DPD Next Day
International Delivery: Price calculated at checkout
Delivery from 2 days - DPD Direct / DPD Classic - Taxes & Duties Paid
(Next day delivery not available to some postcodes - see Delivery page for exclusions)
We are currently only able to deliver to the following countries:
United Kingdom inc. Northern Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle Of Man
European Union exc. Malta & Cyprus
USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Monaco
Christmas extended returns policy: 90 days for all orders placed between 8th November - 21st December.
30-day no-fuss returns.
Free unlimited UK exchanges.
Choose full refund including delivery cost, exchange or store credit.
If you wish to return your order, we offer a full refund, exchange or store credit if it is sent back in brand new, resaleable condition (including all tags and product packaging) within 30 days.
Exchanges in the UK are free and unlimited. For refunds, a £2.99 return label fee will be deducted from the refund. Returns for store credit are also free.
Next-day and international delivery costs cannot be refunded.
What Is Selvedge Denim?
Originally the denim cloth used to make jeans was produced on shuttle looms. These produced a tightly woven cloth by passing a continuous thread backwards and forwards. The resulting fabric was narrow and had finished edges or self-edges, hence the term selvedge. This fabric was relatively costly and slow to produce as were the jeans fashioned from it. When the demand for jeans rose dramatically in the latter half of the 20th century production methods were inevitably altered to create cheaper fabrics that could be produced in higher volumes. Shuttle looms were abandoned in favour of projectile looms which were quicker, which produced wider cloth and which did not use continuous threads. Denim now had unfinished edges with a frayed appearance.
Selvedge Denim Care
Here at JEANSTORE we have a few tips on how you can keep your selvedge denim looking its best - by following these simple instructions you can ensure your jeans last longer, retain their shape and colour, and reduce your environmental impact too.
- First and foremost, always follow the care instructions on the inside label of your jeans. Different jeans will have different recommendations, and these can vary depending on the nature of the fabric and the dye, amongst other things.
- To soak or not to soak? It's personal preference, but with raw/unwashed/rigid denim there will be a lot of dye on the fabric that will bleed at first. You can soak your jeans inside out in warm water for 2 hours and hang dry before first wash to get rid of some of the dye, and make them feel less stiff/starchy. Others just put them straight on and don't care if their legs and shoes end up blue!
- 'Breaking them in'. Two things to consider - is the denim raw or pre-washed? If washed, there won't be much 'breaking in' - that bit has been done for you.
For raw and rigid denim, the general consensus is to wear the jeans for as long as possible before the first wash. Nudie Jeans Co. recommends wearing your raw denim for 6 months without washing. It's not compulsory, but the longer you wear them, the better they'll fit, and the better they'll fade.
Secondly, is the denim sanforized (pre-shrunk) or unsanforized (shrink-to-fit)? Most selvedge denim we stock - even if raw/rigid - will be pre-shrunk to eliminate unexpected sizing changes. This means you can generally trust the size guide. If buying unsanforized denim, there's always an element of risk, so please ensure you follow the size guide and the washing instructions carefully! With shrink-to-fit jeans, they really can become the best denim you've ever owned as they mould to your body shape. You'll also get the most natural fades.
- Try and wash your jeans once every 10 wears at most. Sometimes this just isn't possible, but it's a good guide to follow. Every wash puts strain on the fibres and 'wears' them, so the less you wash your jeans, the longer they'll last. We always recommend hand-washing selvedge denim.
- Always wash your jeans inside out. This reduces dye/colour loss. If using a washing machine, keep the load minimal - if your jeans are too creased, the dye may fade more heavily along creases, causing streaky lines on your jeans.
- If possible, always hand wash. It's not a deal-breaker, but it is much gentler on the fabric and you'll find your jeans fade more 'naturally'. If using a washing machine, keep the heat low and use a slower cycle. With raw denim, ensure you wash them separately for the first 5 washes, as the dye will bleed and transfer to other garments. Also be careful when sitting on light coloured surfaces or wearing white shoes.
- Use natural detergents where possible. You don't want those nasty chemicals damaging your jeans, or the environment.
- Don't tumble dry! Well, you can (we do, sometimes) but results can vary. If you're in a rush and need to tumble your jeans, ensure you keep the heat low. Excessive tumble drying can change the size/shape/fit of your jeans, and they'll often feel tighter when they come out. This isn't always a problem with stretch jeans, as after several wears they can feel a bit loose. Often any changes in your denim as a result of tumble drying are a result of the machine - not the denim.
With selvedge denim, we always recommend hang-drying rather than a tumble dryer.
We use industry leading security, encryption and payment providers, so you can feel confident your details are safe with us.
No employee of JEANSTORE ever has access to your payment information.
We follow all GDPR guidelines, and you can request the information we hold about you at any time.
Grim Tim. Slim Straight.
Grim Tim has a mid waist, button fly and slim straight leg from the hip to the ankle opening. It is available in a number of dry denim and dry selvage denim options, as well as a broad variety of washed options.
Regular waistband, seat and thigh
Regular knee & calf
Slim leg opening